It’s time for the One Room Challenge Week 5 update on our guest room and whew… this week has been a doozy! This is a story for a different day, but to sum it up, my husband suffered a compression fracture of his spine and dislocated his shoulder on Halloween night. My immediate reaction was to delete my first 4 weeks of posts and just drop out of the One Room Challenge, but after thinking about it, I decided to keep trying to see if I could make this happen on my own. This year has just been a year that keeps on giving!
This post contains affiliate links.
This week the bedding arrived and I’m happy with the choice. Winter is coming so I chose a velvet, gray quilted bedcover. I had originally thought I was going to go with something in the beige family. I took the beige comforter off of our master bed and spread it out in the guest room we’re re-doing. The beige did not look good with the new rug at all and I’m so glad I tried the beige first. The gray definitely looks so much better!
Here’s what the bed is looking like so far. The velvet comforter is so soft. I actually ordered it in a king size for two reasons. (the bed is full size).
- I wanted to be sure everything tucked in really well
- I wanted to be able to steal this for my own bed at some point. 😉
Things we’ve completed so far:
- Painted the room Valspar Bistro White
- Completed a Board and Batten Wall
- Placed an area rug — I used a 6′ 9″ x 9′ under the full bed
- Bought and put together a bed
- Purchased a light fixture
- Purchased the bedding
Things I still need to do:
- Purchase a curtain rod and window coverings
- Complete the DIY picture hanger that I’ll share later if it works! It’s a Pottery Barn dupe!
- Select print(s) for the wall behind the bed
- Choose a nightstand or two
- Decide on lamps or wall lights
- Do I need a bench?
- Order the little things that complete a room
- Hang the light
- Paint the closet doors – I’ve got to be honest on this one, Photoshop may have to work until we have some recovered bodies in our home!
I probably shouldn’t have typed this list right before bed. I’m one that will be up all night making decisions at 3 am! (Did I mention I’m having shoulder surgery myself in January? Well, I have to do all of this with a wounded arm and without my partner in crime. Yikes!) Thank you again for following along. I’ll have more updates and a final reveal in the next couple of weeks so be sure to check-in.