These DIY Dollar Tree plastic Easter bunny eggs craft ideas will leave you smiling and wanting to make more. I’ve even started naming them. Let me show you how I made them.
The plastic Easter bunny eggs are from Dollar Tree. I found most of the supplies I used to make these DIY Dollar Tree Easter decorations there! This is one of my favorite Dollar Tree Easter crafts so far! Dollar Tree plastic Easter eggs come in a lot of different shapes and I already have ideas for new Easter crafts.
How To Wrap The Body And Ears
This is very easy, but it is a bit time-consuming. I used a hot glue gun and just had to go real slow adding a bit of glue at a time. The tips of the ears and the bottom of the bunnies took the longest. I used the tip of a pencil to help push the yarn or twine where I wanted it to go. This helped a lot around the base of the ears. It also kept me from burning my fingers.
At the bottom of the egg, you’ll end up with a tight little swirl. I put the bunny upside down in a little cup for the bottom and this let me use both hands for a bit.
Supplies For DIY Dollar Tree Plastic Easter Bunny Eggs Craft Ideas
The supplies you’ll need will depend on which bunnies you want to make. Here’s a complete list of what I used:
- Baker’s Twine (similar) I found mine at Dollar Tree in several colors
- Jute Twine – Also found at Dollar Tree
- Blanket Yarn in differnet colors (Dollar Tree again)
- Wooden beads and buttons ( I had these Assorted Wooden beads in my stash)
- Felt (for the teeth if you choose)
- Silk flowers (snip one off of something you have)
- Faux fur (for Harry)
- Dollar Tree Easter Eggs – bunny shape
Other Dollar Tree Crafts you might enjoy:
Dollar Tree DIY Easter Gnome
I hope you’ve enjoyed this dollar store Easter craft. So who is your favorite?