Today I’m sharing a few ways how to make a gnome beard out of yarn. There are a lot of crafts that you can use a gnome beard for and I’ll also show you a few of my favorites.
If you’re wondering, “Can you use yarn to make a gnome beard?”, the answer is yes! I use yarn to make beards for gnomes all of the time.
So how do you make a gnome beard out of yarn?
How To Make A Gnome Beard Out of Yarn Version 1
One of the easiest ways to make a gnome beard out of yarn is to wrap your four fingers with yarn several times. The number of times will depend on how thick you want the beard to be.
Using your fingers is best for a DIY yarn gnome ornament. You can also make a larger beard by wrapping a book 200-250 times. See photo further down for comparison.
How To Make Gnome Beards Out Of Yarn Step-by-step Version 1
- Wrap your four fingers with yarn around 20 times or more.
- Gently slide the wraps off of your fingers keeping the loops nice and even.
- Lay the wrapped yarn on another short piece of yarn and tie the loops together in the center tightly
- Cut through all of the loops.
- Arrange all of the end pieces to where they are all pointing in the same direction and trim them into a beard shape.
- Glue the beard inside your hat.
How To Make A Gnome Beard Out of Yarn Instructions Version 2
The pom pom maker is my favorite tool because it wastes less yarn and you make perfect pom poms every time. I make a lot of crafts with pom poms.
How To Make A Gnome Beard With Yarn Version 3
For this beard, you’re just going to cut strands of yarn and tie them together at the top. Use lots of strands until the beard is as full as you want it. Glue the knotted end inside your hat and trim the loose strands to the length you want.
This version can work well if you’re making gnomes with Dollar Tree or dollar store mops. I used thicker yarn with this but you can also use Super Saver Yarn by cutting more strands.
I hope this post helped you learn how to make a gnome beard from yarn.